Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Traffic cameras

When will "they" manage to invent a clever traffic camera - note I did not say speed camera - as surely, based on no statistical evidence that I have seen, the bigger danger to Oman's roads is tail-gating, undertaking, using the mobile whilst driving and driving vehicles (typically heavy goods) that are unfit for the road; rather than speeding.

I always wondered whether a demonstration of an organised society was having evenly spaced gaps between each speed camera... In any event I've not figured out how to get my cruise control to automatically adjust to reflect this even spacing of speed cameras which is therefore unnecessarily increasing the stress of driving to and from Dubai or even City Centre!

Maybe they could paint them florescent yellow like they do in the UK - a move that I have still not quite got my head round - I mean what is the point??

On the point of speeding, I would like to meet and thank the person who decided to place quite ridiculous speed humps (almost) randomly around Oman.  At first I thought it was a memory and observation test as the forewarning is slightly limited but then realised that they are linked to whether one of the neighbouring buildings is special.  Special buildings come with a random assortment of cars parked randomly nearby giving a hint that a bump might be about, or do I mean give an added diversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment